Friday, September 19, 2008

I am loved…


I bear no name...I have no fame.
I don’t posses the face of a perfect man.
My lips are not as desirable as the crescent moon
My eyes, they don’t bear the glitter of the star.
My hair doesn’t shimmer like golden dew.
But I am loved by someone I knew.

My hands are quick in temper…my anger burns like sulfur.
My rage is like thunder…like the distant explosion of a volcano.
My thought is faltering…my purity is like an iron rod smoldering…
I fell…I slipped…and I lost my way.
But someone loved me, anyway.

I saw my distant past…I glimpse at my unseen future.
What, behold, will tomorrow brings for someone
As no one as who I am. But I am loved by someone.

I have no gold…riches…wealth…and power
To make someone bow…least of all…kneel before me.
This “someone” I have taken for granted
Has loved me like ancient of days…I could hardly count the
Years…it’s been too long.
But that someone has loved me all along.

Now, tell me…is it fair that I falter?
Is it fair that I give up? Will this stubbornness give me love?
Or will it bring me luck? No my friend…
To leave and give up is not a future…but a failure…
“Of what avails this eager pace?” Someone recounted to me
During those golden and ancient days….
Someone I knew…I am owned…
By someone I come to barely know…

Or was it knowing barely? Or being blind?
Yes…my friend…my eyes have lost its sight.
And now I must come to realize that
There is nothing more that I could do
Than to never give up on someone I knew….
For someone loves me for who I am….
That someone whose love I could not fathom…
A love deeper than the deepest ocean…
Who loves me even if I don’t posses the smile
of the crescent moon…the glitter of the sands in the beach…
and the beauty of the glistening water beneath the sunset….


Franciz olivier

1 comment:

the_beach said...

this poem makes me feel special...it's surreal...